Monday, April 25, 2016

The Perks of Working a Freelance Job


1. You're the boss. 
One of my favourite things about being a freelancer is being my own boss. Nobody is there watching my every step or telling me how I should do things. I enjoy the freedom of making all the decisions on my own.

2. Work wherever you want.
If you're the type of person who hates sitting in an office all day, then you will absolutely love this perk. As a freelancer, you can work wherever you please. Feel like getting some fresh air? Take your work outside. Want to have a nice coffee? Get some work done at your favourite cafe. You can choose where you work best.

3. No more uncomfortable suits.
Frankly, I've never been a suit guy. I just can't work comfortably while wearing a suit. Freelancing means I can wear whatever I want while I do my work. However, this doesn't mean you can show up to meet a client in your pyjamas (seriously, don't).

4. Learning new things.
When you work as a freelancer, you are always learning new things. You're exposed to new ideas every time you take on a project. It's great being able to find new passions and interests through your work.

5. It feels great.
I feel accomplished. It feels good to know I am surviving on my own while doing something I love.

"It's up to me to dream it and then make it happen"
                                        -Jackie Johnstone

About John Song Potomac
John Song Potomac works as a freelance writer in Baltimore, Maryland. John Song Potomac helps companies write their content to ensure their websites are SEO-friendly. He's written about several topics ranging from computer science, to organizational behaviour. John Song Potomac discovered his passion for writing at a young age, and now he is making a living out of it.




No comments:

Post a Comment